tiff's chicken chili


We have been having plenty of cold and stormy weather lately and I am LOVING it! This kind of weather always makes me want to stay at home with a crackling fire and some comfort food, like chili. Making chili used to really intimidate me. I mean, soaking and simmering beans all day long? Who has time for that? I certainly don’t.
My friend Tiffany shared this recipe with me several years ago and it has become my go-to, fail-safe chili recipe. She got it from her sister, so I guess it really should be called "Tiff's Sister Tami's Chicken Chili"... but that just seems a little long, doesn't it? 
I love it because it’s really easy to throw together, it’s so versatile, and most importantly it tastes good! 


One of the things I like best about this recipe is that it works great as a freezer meal. I usually double the recipe (at least, sometimes more!) which makes enough for our family for dinner, and two freezer meals. Just let it cool and then spoon into gallon sized Ziploc bags. Then when I want to reheat I just thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat on the stove top or slow cooker, whichever way works better for what I have going on that day!
You can find the recipe //here//.


Labels: