guest post// what I've learned from motherhood






I’m Stephanie, blogger over at Wife Mommy Me. I’m a full time SAHM to Connor. I’m married to James and we live in southwest Ohio. I’ve been blogging for3 1/2 years and absolutely love it. When I’m not busy being Robin to Connor’s Batman, you’ll find me reading, watching “night time soaps”, running and enjoying far too many carbs.










Being a Mom has been the most challenging experience of my life. Simply put, motherhood has been the best thing I've ever done. But it's not always been the most amazing experience but it's one that I've learned the most from. In nearly 3 years as Connor's Momma, I've learned...

+ loving someone who doesn't know what love is or how to show love doesn't make you love them any less. If anything you love them more. So much more.

+ putting your needs to the side is never a sacrifice. It's done without thought. You would give anything to make your child's life extraordinary.

+ days are long and from time to time, suck. But it's just 24 hours. The next day can be the most wonderful day, filled with laughter, smiles and hugs. So just take it one day at a time. 

+ speaking of time, it's a dirty SOB that doesn't slow down no matter how much you beg. Embrace every moment as they go by far to quickly. 

+ you never know how much you can love your spouse until you seem them as a parent.

+ that even if you don't have motherly instincts, you will the moment you hold your child for the first time. The moment I ever touched Connor's sweet face, I knew that come Hell or high water, I would protect him against every harsh thing thrown his way. 

+ that designer bags, shoes and clothes mean very little at the local playscape. What matters is that you are engaged. That you play, that you discover.

+ you love, appreciate, respect and admire your parents a little more. Because let's face it, we weren't the easiest generation to raise.

+ being Connor's Momma is enough for me. My life truly began the moment he was conceived. 

As a parent, what's the biggest lesson you've learned? If you aren't a Mommy yet, what's the one thing you think you will love most about being a parent?

*******
Thank you so much for sharing these thoughts with us Stephanie. Being a mother definitely teaches you lots of lessons about life.

You can find Stephanie on the following social media:
Facebook//Twitter//Instagram//Pinterest

Labels: , ,