It's good to be back to blogging again, but I'm still adjusting to life with four children age five and under in our house.
I suspect that's going to take awhile.
Nap time and bed time are most precious moments of quiet to me right now, and you can typically either find me napping, soaking in a relaxing bath, or giving myself a pedicure... and let's not lie--folding laundry and washing dishes.
It really is the little things in life that keep you sane.
Months ago I shared this recipe for Lavender Peppermint Body Cream with Ashley's readers over at Girl Talk, and I wanted to be sure and share it here too! The scent definitely clears my head a little and puts a smile on my face, check it out!
Lavender Peppermint Body Cream
- 3/4 cup of shea butter
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 tsp. of peanut, olive, or other oil of your choice
- 20 drops of lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Combine Shea butter and coconut oil in food processor or mixer and combine well, scraping sides as necessary.
- Add peanut (or other oil) and essential oils, then mix again. Continue blending until smooth. If desired, whip with a stand or hand mixer.
This mixture works wonders on dry problem areas, like my hands and elbows (and stomach when I'm pregnant!). Give it a try and let me know what you think!
(Note, if making this as gifts or for children, use a different type of oil other than peanut. Peanut oil has some great benefits, but there are some opinions that prolonged use on your skin can lead to peanut allergies. There is currently not a lot of scientific evidence to back that up. Any oil can serve as an alternative, such as grape seed oil or olive oil.
This will typically have a shelf life of at least a couple months, but you can also keep it in the refrigerator if you prefer.)
Labels: bath and body, essential oils