3 essential oils in my beauty routine

These opinions are my own and should not be considered professional or medical advice.


Today I wanted to share three essential oils I use in my beauty routine, and why you should consider using them as well!

//Frankincense//
I use frankincense at nighttime by adding a drop to my palm of face lotion and then massaging it in before I go to bed. The past couple of years I had noticed a lot of age/sun spots and general discoloration of my overall skin tone. I guess all those years of neglecting my skin while I was growing up were finally catching up with me. Among the many benefits of this amazing oil, frankincense has been known to promote cellar health and helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles, minimize age spots, and even our skin tone. I have definitely noticed an improvement in my skin tone and overall appearance since I began using it a few months ago!

//Geranium//
Geranium is great for both dry and oily hair. I have really noticed a difference in how much cleaner my hair feels and shinier my hair looks when I add a drop to my palm of shampoo. (You can also add 5-10 drops directly into your shampoo bottle.) Geranium also offers great benefits for soothing skin, and it really helped with a dry patch that I use to have problems with at the base of my scalp! This oil has a very strong scent that my husband is not a fan of, but mixed in with my shampoo he's never complained. :)

//Lavender//
Add a drop or two to you mascara bottle (just once) and it will smell like you walked into a spa every time you uncap your tube. More importantly though, lavender has antiseptic and antibacterial properties which will help keep bacteria out of your mascara, helping it to stay bacteria and clump-free longer. Lavender also reportedly strengthens your lashes and promotes growth. Thicker, longer lashes? Yes please!

Do you use any essential oils in your beauty or skincare regimen?

Labels: ,