homemade tortillas

Cinco de Mayo is next week and who wouldn't love some tasty homemade tortillas to go along with this fun holiday?


Making tortillas yourself really is easier than you might think and soooo yummy! You simple mix together four simple ingredients, roll flat, and cook for a few minutes on a hot skillet. Basically, if you can make pancakes, you can impress your friends and family with homemade tortillas. :)


What I'd really like to do is buy a tortilla press, if I had one of those, I might never buy tortillas again!
Of course, also if I had one of those my carb intake would probably go way up, so it's probably better that I don't.

Homemade Tortillas
Mix flour and salt together, add a little oil at a time. Stir in 1 cup of water, more if necessary. Knead well and form small balls, about the size of an egg, and let stand for 15 minutes. Roll each one out and cook on a hot, ungreased skillet for about 2 minutes on the first side, and 1 minute on the other.




Do you have any yummy food do you have planned for Cinco de Mayo?


Psst... be sure to head over to When is Nap Time?, I'm guest posting for the lovely Amber today and sharing all of our favorite games with you!

When Is Nap Time?

Labels: