looking back: banana nut muffin protein smoothie

This recipe originally appeared on  a post on April 29, 2013. The recipe is the same but the post has been edited and updated for today.
****************

Have you heard of 100 days of active? It's pretty self-explanatory, basically you commit to doign something active for 100 straight days. I first heard of the idea from the lovely Eryn over at A Glimpse Into Eryn's World. When I read it I thought to myself, this is exactly the accountability I need to work on my goal of being more active!
I started the same day she did, and I will admit that the second day I kind of slipped, it was a really busy day and I was traveling so I didn't get in my goal of 30 minutes. But that's okay, because I know that it's pushed me to do more than I would have without it. The other days (admittedly, it's only been three other days) I've totally rocked it and I'm just going to focus on the positive!
I've been enjoying posting pics to Instagram using #100daysofactive and Eryn has even set up a Facebook group for us!

You should totally join along, and with all that extra moving you're going to be doing, you'll probably need something healthy AND delicious to help you stay with it! I love this banana nut muffin protein smoothie so I pulled it out of the archives for you to check out!



Try it and you'll wonder to yourself how this could possibly be good for you at all, honestly, it is so rich and creamy. It's the perfect thing on those mornings when you're craving something sweet. Don't be afraid to throw some spinach in it! It doesn't change the flavor at all! Click {here} for the recipe.

Labels: ,