peaches and cream cake


I love the simplicity and scrumptiousness of dump cakes... but I really hate their name. Does anything sound as unappetizing as a dump cake? 
Not really.
So today, I have a delicious peaches and cream cake for you with all of the tasty ease of a dump cake, but without the off-putting name. 


Start with 6-8 peaches peeled and diced; I also added some fresh ground nutmeg because I love fresh nutmeg.


Here are the other ingredients, so pay attention: 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick), 1/4 cup cream soda, and a yellow cake mix. Yep, that's it. I'm not even including a recipe card with this one because it's so simple.


Grease your pans. I baked mine in three 8" pie tins so we could give two away, but you could also do two 9" cake rounds or a 9 x 13" pan... whatever you want. Then, put your peaches in the bottom of the pan.


Sprinkle the cake mix on top, then pour the cream soda over that. Be sure if you're doing more then one pan, that you're dividing the cake mix and cream soda fairly evenly.


Next, cut thin slices of butter and layer over the very top. Then bake according to your cake mix instructions (mine said 350 degrees and I cooked it about 22 minutes).


And there you go, your non-dump cake cake! ;) It really is so good, it was hard for me to stop eating it!



Linked to: Organized 31, Lamberts Lately, Polkadots on Parade

Labels: ,