bunny trifle


Don't worry, no bunnies were harmed in the making of this trifle, and if the name of this dessert conjures up images of a dessert gone wrong ("Rachel, no you weren't supposed to put beef in the trifle"), you can call it a carrot cake trifle, I'll allow it.
I wanted to make a fun Easter dessert and I came up with this bunny trifle; carrot cake and caramelized carrots make this a scrumptious snack that any bunny would love to devour. Of course, I also had to add bunny Peeps around the edge to add to the cuteness factor.


If you want to make a dessert that will make your husband question your cooking abilities when he takes it out of the fridge, this dessert is for you. I suppose if the carrots in it are really throwing you off, you could leave them out, but carrots are naturally sweet anyway, so when you caramelize them in butter and brown sugar with just a pinch of salt they blend in with this dish really nicely.

Labels: ,