$12 chalkboard

Months ago when I posted about our hall bathroom makeover, I mentioned in my still-to-do-list that I wanted to add some more wall art. I'd been thinking for awhile about what I wanted to hang next to the window picture frame in there; I knew I wanted to do some kind of quote, but couldn't decide on which quote to do. Finally a few weeks ago I decided to just put a chalkboard in there so I could change up what it said whenever I wanted!
I already had chalkboard paint, and I had plenty of scrap wood, but I didn't want to put two square shapes next to each other. I got the idea to purchase an unfinished pine table top for $12 from my local home improvement store so it was already cut out, smooth, and had beveled edges. Plus, I liked the chunky thickness of it. I sanded it a little more with fine grit sand paper to make sure my chalkboard would have a good surface, then after 4-5 coats of chalkboard paint I let it dry for 24 hours before conditioning the surface with a piece of chalk. 
I am really pleased with it  and can't wait to finish up the last couple of projects in this room!



Linked to: Lamberts Lately, 52 Mantels, Craft-O-Maniac, Skip to my Lou

Labels: , ,