sentimental ornament

Let's get a little Christmas in July action up in here! So I posted this ornament two years ago and last Christmas it was still pretty much my favorite ornament on the tree:
Click on picture for original post.
So on the hubby's side of the family we do a name exchange type thing for Christmas presents, which I think is really fun and I was super excited when last year I realized it was our year to give presents to his brother and his new bride; the same couple I helped do wedding flowers for last fall:
Click on picture for original post.
Are you seeing where I'm going with this?... You can bet I knew right away what I wanted one of their presents to be!
This time I decided to include some of the rose petals from their wedding that I had been sure to hold onto, and one of the dark purple origami cranes that we used as some of the decorations for their reception, and I also used in her bouquet. :) I love the little extra, special touches. This is really such an easy and sentimental ornament to create and makes such a thoughtful gift for someone! The original post and instructions can be found {here}.



Linked to: Craft O Maniac, Skip to My Lou, 52 Mantels, Lamberts Lately, Somewhat Simple

Labels: ,