i left my heart in...

I love each of the places that mt hubby and I have lived in during our first 5 1/2 years of marriage, they have all had their advantages. As the famous Tony Bennett lyrics go, "...[they] call to me." Even though Los Angeles itself was not for me (I grew up in Orange County), I often miss southern California. It was so nice living close to family and the friends I had grown up with and grown close to. And how many other places could you go surfing and snowboarding in the same day? And though Lubbock was about as different from So Cal as you can get, I loved the apartment complex we lived in that was within walking distance to a Sonic and I love me some happy hour drinks. :) There was also a drive-in that we loved to go to, and a cute little apple orchard where you could pick your own apples just out of town. San Antonio was a nice change after Lubbock and I loved the side of town we lived on, and we were only about 10 minutes from Sea World!
But the town we live in now in northern California really felt like home from the first time I took our exit off the freeway. It's beautiful here and I hope we stay a long, long time; but that doesn't mean I don't miss the familiarity of what I grew up with, having a Sonic on every corner, or being able to go to Sea World for a few hours any afternoon.
So all this is just to set up the cute artwork that  represents each place we've lived in that my sister made for us for this past Christmas.

I'd had something like this pinned for awhile on Pinterest but hadn't gotten around to making it yet so I was really excited when I saw it! Each place we've lived will always hold a place in our hearts.

 
I can't wait to get the rest of our pictures and art up on the walls of our new home!

Labels: ,