homemade oreos/whoopie pies

This is a recipe I got from a friend of mine. When she made them for me she called them homemade oreos, so that's always what I called them. Then when I moved to Texas I discovered that there is something called a whoopie pie (yes, somehow I had never heard of them living in California) and it seemed to be essentially the same thing. So call them whatever you want, bake them small like oreos or bigger like whoopie pies; it doesn't matter cause either way they're simple to make and delicious to eat. :)

Usually I make them with cream cheese frosting, but this time I made peanut butter frosting and they were so yummy!
So, here is the easiest recipe ever:

Homemade Oreos/Homemade Whoopie Pies
-1 box of Devil's Food cake mix
-2 eggs
-3/4 cup shortening
Mix ingredients together, form flattened balls (about quarter sized for oreos, larger for whoopie pies) and place onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool, then frost the back side of two cookies together. (I bet you didn't need me to include that step did'ya? You probably figured that out all on your own.)
 

Labels: ,