paper snowflakes (for service)



I have the privilege of being the Primary chorister in my ward; for those of you that don't know, basically that means that for about 40 minutes every Sunday during singing time, I get to help kids at my church ages 18months-11 years learn songs that help them learn gospel principles and feel the spirit.
This past Sunday I planned a special singing time, with very little actual singing. Instead we did a service project. When I found out that the Connecticut PTSA was collecting paper snowflakes to decorate the halls of Sandy Hook Elementary School, I thought this would be a great way to get the kids involved with service. It seems like often when service opportunities present themselves, it's in a monetary way. Sometimes that can make it hard for kids to help.
I didn't go into too much detail with the kids, I just told them we were helping some kids who didn't have a very merry Christmas. The kids had a great time cutting out paper snowflakes, while the younger ones colored on paper squares that I cut out later.


There's tons of inspiration and templates for paper snowflakes online! Do a Google search or check out these traditional ones here, the huge, 3-d version here, and especially these hilarious and unexpected ones here.
If you want to help you have until January 12th to send you snowflakes to: Connecticut PTSA, 60 Connolly Parkway, Building 12, Suite 103, Hamden, CT 06514.

Labels: ,