"come what may" sign

I've been wanting to put this phrase on a sign for some time now because I really like the sentiment. Let whatever will happen, happen. Of course the saying is from Shakespeare's Macbeth but is probably more associated with the song from Moulin Rouge. It's also in a really great talk that was given in 2008, except it continues on, "Come what may, and love it." Also taken from that talk, "If we approach adversities wisely, our hardest times can be times of greatest growth, which in turn can lead toward times of greatest happiness." So you can see why I feel like it's a great concept to keep in mind. After a lot of thought I decided to use the frosted vinyl that Silhouette makes and apply the phrase to a mirror. I bought a mirror from Dollar Tree and cut the phrase out with Cami. I wanted to paint the frame but I wasn't sure what color so I decided to live with it for awhile while I thought it over. I'm so glad because I decided I didn't like the dinky size of the frame.
I peeled the tape off the back of the frame...

...dug into my stock of frames and found one that had a little thicker (not to mention actual wood) molding around it. After two coats of black stain that I wiped off with a rag a few mintues after application, the frame was ready for me to pop my dollar mirror into it.


I still might want to upgrade to something even bigger in the future, I kind of think some really wide molding would be awesome. I might even end up making something, like I did with my frame wreath. For now though, I'm pretty pleased with my $1 result.


Somewhat Simple Skip To My Lou

Labels: ,