"anywhere you go..." sign


I just finished my sweetie's gift for Valentine's Day and I love it; I can't wait to hang it up! I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out a line from one of our favorite musicals (in fact, it's my hubby's favorite song from The Phantom of the Opera). I toyed with the idea of paint and keeping the vinyl letters, but in the end I am so glad I did it like this. Plus, my hubby loves stained wood, so I think it's perfect for him. After giving some scrap plywood I had laying around a light sanding and treating it with Minwax Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner, I used the technique found {here},  the only difference being after the coat of watered down wood glue, I also used some Mod Podge because I got paranoid about the stain soaking through where it wasn't supposed to be. Then I mixed some Minwax Polyshades  in Bombay Mahogany Gloss and Classic Black Gloss to stain it.
What are you guys doing for Valentine's Day? I need ideas for next year! :)

Somewhat Simple Skip To My Lou

Labels: ,