family established frame

Funny story. At about this same time last year I wrote about how I was participating in 'Pay it Forward 2011' (you can read that here). Well, guess what? I had 4 of my gifts sent off by the end of February, but just finally got the fifth and final craft done last month; that's right, in 2012. I know, I could teach a course in Slacker 101. I promise that I didn't forget!! Honest! I just couldn't think of what to make for this particular friend of mine, then the summer was so busy, then I still couldn't think of what to make her, then we moved and I was sick during my first trimester, and I still couldn't think of what I should make for her, then the holidays happened... and then it was no longer 2011 and my wonderful friend (did I mention we were bridesmaids in each other's weddings?) still didn't have her promised craft.
So in January I finally decided what to make for her, purchased a small wooden frame, pulled out Cami, and got to work. I used a dry brush techinque to paint the frame black and cream, applied two coats of spray Mod Podge after applyling the vinyl letters (by the way, not really their last name, but I thought I would preserve her privacy a teeny bit), and then Photoshopped a picture of the two of them to put inside. Oh yeah, and sent it off with a sincere note of apology-and-please-still-be-my-friend
Needless to say, when I saw the 'Pay it Foward 2012' going around Facebook I figured I should pass it up this year, I don't want to take any chances. :)


Linked to Made by You Mondays

Labels: , , ,